Featured in Ladie's Home Journal*
is a great article about domestic violence.
We've scanned it in so you can
read it by clicking here!
The NewBridge Family Shelter opened in 1979 to provide emergeney shelter, services, and guidance to victims of domestic violence and their families. Our shelter focuses on improving the lives of victims of family violence no matter what their back ground or situation compromises. Here at NewBridge, we strive to give our clients the respect and services they deserve.
NewBridge Mission Statement:
NewBridge family shelter is dedicated to reducing the cycle of domestic violence by providing a safe haven and educational services to victims.
We offer a multitude of different services to both our residence of the shelter as well as nonresident clients. Such services range from our emergency shelter to our educational outreach programs.
LifeBridge, the emergency shelter portion of NewBridge, is designed to assist victims in crisis and their family members. This facility provides safe haven for approximately 500 individuals annually by supplying a variety of services:
- 30 to 90 day emergency housing (private rooms) and food
- High security environment
- Emergency Transportation
- Classes for all residents in life skills, parenting, dynamics of family violence, and self-esteem
- Support Groups
- Children's Activity Center
- Laundry facilities
Additional services are available to domestic abuse victims who are not in need of assistance with housing for safety or financial reasons. This program serves approximately 250 individual victims annually and includes a variety of services:
- Case Advocates
- Licensed Professional Counseling
- Outreach Case Advocates for Concho Valley Region other than Tom Green County (By referral only from Reagan and McCulloch). The NewBridge Outreach Coordinator travels to each of 10 Concho Valley counties every week to provide services.
- Referrals and Advocacy
The NewBridge Outreach Coordinator travels to each of 10 Concho Valley counties every week to provide services such as:
- Immediate shelter for victims of domestic violence
- Confidential peer counseling
- Transportation to the New Bridge Family Shelter in San Angelo
- Community referrals for job training
- Income assistance
- Medical care
- Volunteer interaction
- Services in Reagan and McCullough counties are by local referral only
New Bridge staff members are available for speaking engagements with community and civic organizations and for public events.
Public Education and Training:
Periodically, New Bridge arranges for guests from outside the Concho Valley to speak to the issues surrounding domestic violence.
The shelter has a confidential location in San Angelo, TX
|Family Violence Hotline:
El Nuevo Puente Refugio que Familiar abrio en 1979 en proporcionar emergencia refugio, los servicios, Y la guia a victimas de violencia domestica y sus familias. Nuestro refugio se centra en mejorar las vidas de victimas de violencia familiar no importa lo que su suelo o la situacion de atras ceda. Aqui en Nuevo Puente, nosotros nos esforzamos pOr dar nuestros clientes el respeto y atiende a merecen.
Si rs una victima de violencia familiar, por favor nos contacta en 1-800-749-8631 0 325-655-5774 tan le podemos ayudar. Estamos de aqui servirle.
*ICD does not claim any rights over Ladie's Home Journal. All content of the article is owned by Ladie's Home Journal